Since opening our doors in 2010, the not-for-profit Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center has become a vibrant gathering place and cultural destination for diverse audiences. Working at SPPAC is an exciting, challenging, and unique experience! Every staff member brings unique skills, experience and perspectives to their job. Our goal is to ensure that every one of our guests and employees have a high quality, enjoyable experience. We look for applicants who are energetic, enthusiastic and responsible team members.
Do you love the arts and want to get involved? Check out our volunteering options.
Box Office and House Manager
The Spruce Peak Arts Center Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, experienced, and absurdly organized Box Office and House Manager to be a part of the Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center’s team.
Primary duties include:
- oversight and management of box office and front of house staff and volunteers
- ensuring ticket sales are handled promptly, professionally, and courteously
- resolving customer service issues
- keeping up to date with all ticketing policy and procedures
- managing, overseeing, improving use of, and reporting from the Patron Manager CRM
- ensuring correct financial settlement at conclusion of each event and presentation of same to artist/tour as necessary.
- Be an expert resource on upcoming events and welcoming presence for visitors, patrons, and passersby
The Box Office and House Manager has primary responsibility for the entire patron experience. As a key member of a lean administrative team, the Box Office Manager also assists the Marketing, Development, and Production teams on a variety of projects. This is a full-time salaried position, Tuesdays through Saturdays, and includes frequent evenings and weekends.
- Sales and customer service-related work experience
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteers
- Demonstrated ability at conflict resolution
- Must be highly skilled at using a computer
- Must be able to professionally interact with all types of individuals in a courteous manner
- Ideal candidate has prior experience with Patron Manager or other CRM software
- Pursuing a career in arts administration and performing arts in particular would be ideal
To apply send resume and 3 work references to Hope Sullivan, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY We strongly support equal employment opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.