Since opening our doors in 2010, the not-for-profit Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center has become a vibrant gathering place and cultural destination for diverse audiences. Working at SPPAC is an exciting, challenging, and unique experience! Every staff member brings unique skills, experience and perspectives to their job. Our goal is to ensure that every one of our guests and employees have a high quality, enjoyable experience. We look for applicants who are energetic, enthusiastic and responsible team members.
Do you love the arts and want to get involved? Check out our volunteering options.
The Spruce Peak Arts Accountant has primary responsibility for the accounting operations of the Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center including entering invoices, making journal entries, generating checks, general ledger reconciliation and reporting processes. This position is part-time, 8-20 hours/week, year-round.
- Responsible for Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center Foundation weekly and monthly cash flow analysis, payroll processing and forecasting, and financial statements.
- Prepares schedules for annual external audit.
- Manages the general ledger reconciliation process and the associated reporting requirements
- Prepares and enters appropriate journal entries
- Prepare Sales Tax packets.
- Generates cash flow, actuals to projection and other reports as necessary for business operations on weekly basis
- Working knowledge and regular review of all policies and procedures identified in the Corporate Comptrollers Accounting Policy & Procedural Guidance Manual.
- Create a variety of amortization schedules as required.
- Carry out various special projects, investigations and inquiries as requested by Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Experience with Fast Fund Accounting Software is desired.
- Proven record of performing and documenting account reconciliations.
- Fixed Assets, Deferred Revenue, and Depreciation/Amortization Accounting knowledge and experience.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications, e.g. excel.
- Flexible schedule. Some weekends and evening work may be required.
- Visual acuity necessary to prepare and analyze data and figures, for accounting, for transcription, for computer terminal use, for extensive reading,
- Ability to perform sedentary work (defined as exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.; sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, and requires walking or standing only occasionally).
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Pay scale commensurate with experience. Free tickets to most performances at the Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center included as an employee benefit.
Send cover letter and resume to Hope Sullivan, Executive Director, email@example.com