Since opening our doors in 2010, the not-for-profit Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center has become a vibrant gathering place and cultural destination for diverse audiences. Working at SPPAC is an exciting, challenging, and unique experience! Every volunteer, intern, and staff member brings unique skills, experience and perspectives to their job. Our goal is to ensure that every one of our guests and employees have a high quality, enjoyable experience. We look for applicants who are energetic, enthusiastic and responsible team members.
Do you love the arts and want to get involved? Check out our volunteering options.
Box Office Associate
Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center is seeking an enthusiastic and organized Box Office Associate to be a part of the Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center’s team. Primary duties include selling tickets, keeping up to date with all ticketing policy and procedures, informing guests of upcoming events while engaging with guests on tours of the Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center. As a key member of a lean administrative team, the Box Office Associate also assists the Marketing, Development, and Production teams on a variety of projects. This is a part-time, seasonal position on Sundays 11am – 4pm, 5+ hours with possibility to extend. Occasional evening and Saturday hours expected.
Reports to: Public Outreach Manager
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Be an effective and enthusiastic first point of contact for the organization in person, on the phone, and via email and social media
- Speak knowledgeably with all types of people about events, programs, initiatives etc. happening in and around the theater
- Provide tours of the theater and lobby exhibit for visitors
- Keep the Box Office and public spaces clean and organized as needed
- Understand all policies and procedures, including the emergency evacuation plan
- Actively participate in training sessions for the Patron Manager CRM system in order to effectively sell tickets, perform exchanges, and process gift certificates
- Organize and update purchaser and donor data in Patron Manager CRM
- Assist the Marketing, Development, and Production teams on a variety of projects as assigned by manager
- Maintain a positive demeanor in a fast-paced work environment with both internal and external stressors
- Sales and customer service-related work experience
- Must be highly skilled with Microsoft Office and Point of Sale software.
- Must be able to professionally interact with all types of individuals in a courteous manner
- Prior experience with Patron Manager or other CRM software would be AMAZING
- Interest in a career in arts administration and performing arts in particular would be ideal
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY We strongly support equal employment opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law
To apply send resume and 3 work references to Jon van Luling, Public Outreach Manager, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.