ArtSmart is a series of arts education gatherings, talk-backs and lectures moderated by nationally and locally recognized artists and thinkers. It’s an opportunity for arts lovers to experience the behind the scenes and learn more from artists and performers. Bring a brown bag lunch from Edelweiss Mountain Deli* with you and enjoy the discussions on stage.
The ArtSmart Series is one of the Spruce Peak Arts community and education programs and funded by our Community & Education Fund.
ArtSmart – Spruce Peak Chamber Music Society Series
Jia Kim, Spruce Peak Chamber Music Society Artistic Director, moderates this behind-the-scenes look about the work and instrumentation of classical and chamber music!
Chamber Music Society Performances:
- What is Chamber Music on Saturday, January 19 @ 7:00 pm
- Instruments of the String Quartet on Friday, March 8 @ 11:00 am
- Investigation & Insight into the Works by Master Composers – Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Bartok and Bridge on Thursday, May 16 @ 1:00 pm at Stowe Community Church on Main Street, Stowe.
Reservations are required. This series is free.
ArtSmart – The Met Opera: Live in HD Series
Two talented Vermont performers and educators, Erik Kronke and Kevin Ginter, will moderate different pre-show background talks for the Metropolitan Opera’s award-winning series of high-definition cinema simulcasts.
Met Opera: Live in HD Events:
- Understanding the Story and Background of Die Walkure on Wednesday, April 10 @ 12:00 pm
- Understanding the Story and Background of Aida on Tuesday, May 7 @ 12:00 pm
- Dialogue on Dialogues De Carmelites on Wednesday, June 23 @ 12:00 pm
Get your ticket and reserve a seat at ArtSmart Met Opera by calling the Main Office at Spruce Peak Arts @ 802.760.4634.
ArtSmart – The Bolshoi Ballet: Live in HD Series
Marya Carmolli of Vermont Farm to Ballet will moderate a pre-film conversation for Bolshoi Ballet Carmen Suite.
The Bolshoi Ballet: Live in HD Events:
*Order a brown bag lunch from Edelweiss Mountain Deli on the Mountain Road and enjoy 20% off all prepared foods, soups, salads and sandwiches. Call ahead (802) 253-4034 and request the ArtSmart lunch deal and show your ticket at pick up for your 20% discount!