Welcome to Spruce Peak Arts Off Stage!
We turn to the arts to get through difficult times and Spruce Peak Arts is working creatively to re-imagine our event and outreach activities to reach you where you are. Please join us!
1. Drive by Concert Series– Kicking off Summer with a Drive by Concert Series! taking music to the streets… As designated downtowns are carefully coming alive with the welcoming breeze of Summer air to Vermont, the Arts Center is turning off the computer screen and taking local musicians to the streets.
The first drive by Concert in partnership with the Town of Morrisville will take place on Saturday, June 20 from 7:00pm-8:30pm featuring local favorite Chad Hollister. Other locations in the planning stages are Waterbury Center on June 27, and one is in the works for the Hyde Park – Johnson area.
Series Sponsor: Bourne’s Energy
2. Zoom Birthday Parties – Calling all birthday kids!Just because we’re staying at home, doesn’t mean you have to miss celebrating with friends. Spruce Peak Arts has reinvented its theatre birthday experience for an online, 75-minute zoom party for you! Click here for details and to schedule your event!
3. Online Gallery Exhibition – Visit our Art of Sound Gallery Exhibition Off Stage in participation with the Vermont Curators Group 2020 Vision: Seeing the World Through Technology, hosted by the Curators Sarah Holden Briggs and Sarah Laursen at Middlebury College at VermontArtOnline.org. Read an article by Pamela Polston about this online exhibition and educational initiative in SevenDays here.
4. Virtual Screening Room– Though we can’t gather in person you don’t need to miss out on wonderful performances from the National Theatre in London to the Metropolitan Opera to inspiring short documentaries, and more. Enjoy this collection of free, online, not-to-be-missed stories, curated for you!
5. Backstage Pass– Shining a light on the people who make our community so inspiring. These virtual illustrations give a personal glimpse of how each has found creativity while staying-at-home. Stay tuned for these engaging series here and on social media: Interviews • Self-Portraits • Screenshots
6. Wednesday Night Music Series – For 8 weeks, we hosted live, approx. 30-minute virtual concerts with talented members of the Spruce Peak Arts community. It was a great way to celebrate and support musicians during this difficult time.
“Thank you for this GREAT music series!!! It has been something to look forward to every week!” – Rick (Underhill, VT)
7. Other Cool Stuff – Stay tuned!
And, while you enjoy, please consider supporting the arts. Despite the changes we’ve had to make because of the COVID-19 crisis, with your support, we will continue to fulfill our mission to provide arts experiences to inspire, educate, and entertain all! Please, donate today!