Welcome to Spruce Peak Arts Off Stage!
We turn to the arts to get through difficult times and Spruce Peak Arts is working creatively to re-imagine our event and outreach activities to reach you where you are. Please join us!
1. Spruce Peak Chamber Music Society Conversations – Join us over three weeks for a series of conversations between Spruce Peak Chamber Music Society Artistic Director Jia Kim and some of the musicians who have played on our stage in our first two seasons. We’ll learn about how they’ve navigated this unusual time, about their artistic pursuits, and get to hear them perform.
Sunday, July 12 at noon to Wednesday, July 15 at noon
Jia Kim with Euntaek Kim (Pianist, Chamber Musician, Conductor, Organist, Choir Director and Instructor) Click HERE to register.
Sunday, July 19 at noon to Wednesday, July 22 at noon
Jia Kim with Molly Carr (Violist, Chamber Musician, Co-Founder of Project Music Heals Us, Faculty at the Juilliard School and Bard Conservatory of Music). Click HERE to register.
Sunday, July 26 at noon to Wednesday, July 29 at noon
Jia Kim with Michelle Ross: (Violinist, Chamber Musician, Collaborator & Guest Concert Master, Artist in Residence – College of the Holy Cross). Click HERE to register.
2. Music in Motion– We kicked off the summer and took local musicians Chad Hollister and Primo to the streets on the back of a flatbed truck on June 20, in Morrisville, VT. We’re back on Saturday, July 18, this time in Waterbury VT. Residents will be notified of the route, for all others be sure to watch on Spruce Peak Arts’ FB live and IGTV.
3. Theatre Birthday Parties – online and off – During the strictest days of quarantine Spruce Peak Arts provided Zoom Theatre Birthday Parties for dozens of families. As restrictions ease, families now have a choice – online or off! For groups of up to 10 children in person birthday parties are now available on the Spruce Peak Arts stage.
“Spruce Peak Arts was amazing to work with start to finish on the Zoom Birthday party. The end product was so fun to watch and a great keepsake. Thanks for an awesome quarantine birthday!”
– Pamela Holden (Fairfield, Connecticut)
4. Backstage Pass– Shining a light on the people who make our community so inspiring. These virtual illustrations give a personal glimpse of how each has found creativity while staying-at-home. Stay tuned for these engaging series here and on social media: Interviews • Self-Portraits • Screenshots
“I hope when we are able to get back together we will appreciate it more and love each moment. Music brings people together and has the power to transcend.”
– Jia Kim, Spruce Peak Chamber Music Society (Anaheim, California)
5. Online Gallery Exhibition – Visit our Art of Sound Gallery Exhibition Off Stage in participation with the Vermont Curators Group 2020 Vision: Seeing the World Through Technology, hosted by the Curators Sarah Holden Briggs and Sarah Laursen at Middlebury College at VermontArtOnline.org. Read an article by Pamela Polston about this online exhibition and educational initiative in SevenDays here
“The exhibit really pushes boundaries and opens conversation about technology, innovation and culture in Vermont.”
– Gillian Sewake, Project Manager for 2020 Vision (St. Johnsbury, Vermont)
6. Stowe Jewish Film Festival – A virtual and free experience that took place over three weeks in May and June.
“Thank you for offering the three free movies during these trying times. I enjoyed each movie that you selected… Congratulations and well done!”
– Carole Andrews (Toronto, Canada)
7. Wednesday Night Music Series – For 8 weeks, we hosted live, approx. 30-minute virtual concerts with talented members of the Spruce Peak Arts community. It was a great way to celebrate and support musicians during this difficult time.
“Thank you for this GREAT music series!!! It has been something to look forward to every week!”
– Rick (Underhill, Vermont)
And, while you enjoy, please consider supporting the arts. Despite the changes we’ve had to make because of the COVID-19 crisis, with your support, we will continue to fulfill our mission to provide arts experiences to inspire, educate, and entertain all! Please, donate today!